Email attachments
Al
2004-01-29 00:18:08 UTC
My dad is having a hard time with Win 98 and email
attachments. He gets messages when trying to open an
email attachment stating he does not have the associated
program. This only occurs on some of his attachments,
not all.

He was told to go to My Computer, Views, and Folder
Options. After that he got lost. Is this the right
procedure or might the problem be somewhere else?

Thanks for any help,

al
Alan Edwards
2004-01-29 07:21:26 UTC
If he is really using IE4, then the approach is right.
Explorer-View-Folder Options-File Types.
If you want exact advice, I suggest you post the extensions of the
files he has a problem with and we can give advice as to the program
he can use.
Win98 does not come with all programs to open all files.

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html
al
NAYAK
2004-02-16 11:11:05 UTC
NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING!!!!!!! NEED URGENT HELP PLEASE..........
Alan Edwards
2004-02-16 12:09:45 UTC
Please do not post in hard to read capitals or you may be ignored.
Please supply details if you need urgent help.

What has email attachments to do with IE4?
What email program?
What are you trying to download?
What happens?

...Alan