IE Ate My Favorites
STM
2004-02-20 21:36:12 UTC
Anyone having a problem with IE eating their favorites folders? I had 8-10
folders with over 50 bookmarks....they all disappeared a couple of days ago.
Not sure why. HELP!
Thanks,
Alan Edwards
2004-02-20 22:53:22 UTC
I have never heard of it in IE4.

Check that the Favorites folder has not been relocated somewhere.
If you find the old folder, move the contents to the current folder or
change the Registry.
You can change the value of Favorites in the Registry in these
two keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html
Thanks,
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
2004-02-21 03:30:24 UTC
Post by STM
Anyone having a problem with IE eating their favorites folders? I
had 8-10 folders with over 50 bookmarks....they all disappeared a
couple of days ago. Not sure why. HELP!
Thanks,
Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced and uncheck "Enable Personalized
Favorites Menu".
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com