Internet Explorer homepage
2004-01-16 17:02:25 UTC
I can't get my homepage to stay. I've did the internet
options thing and it works as long as the computer stays
on, but everytime I restart the computer it goes back to
the old hompage. What do I do?
riz
2004-01-17 13:39:35 UTC
Just a shot...try emptying your temporary internet files, reboot. Open the
home page that you want, do the internet options thing...use current and
don't forget to hit the "apply" button.
the old hompage. What do I do?
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE
2004-01-19 14:54:50 UTC
Post by J
I can't get my homepage to stay. I've did the internet
options thing and it works as long as the computer stays
on, but everytime I restart the computer it goes back to
the old hompage. What do I do?
First eliminate any scumware.
See
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
won't. Also, each need to be updated before every use, even when just
downloaded. There's also a lot more to do than just those two programs.

Make sure CWShredder is among the things you try.

If trying everything at that site does not fix the problem please post back
in the same thread.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE
http:www.fjsmjs.com