upgrading to IE 5.5 SP2 from SP1
Ron Merritt
2003-08-12 20:43:46 UTC
When i go onto the internet to find IE 5.5 SP2 there are several
versions. Apparently there are copies that claim to be IE 5.5 SP2 that
are 53MB and others that are about 75MB. I downloaded one that had a
lot of screens for the institution that it was downloaded from and then
I discovered even though I did a custom install, it changed my Win 98
so I no longer had Wordpad, Games, and some other accessories. Now I'm
not sure what else it changed.

How do i find an unadulterated version of IE 5.5 SP2?

Ron
Ben Myers
2003-08-16 18:23:07 UTC
Download http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/ie55sp2/x86/en/ie5setup.exe

Copy and paste the following to Notepad and save it as "iebatch.txt"
to same folder as the file being downloaded. Then double-click the
"ie5setup.exe" file.

[DownloadSite]
Display=0
DownloadLocation="http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/ie55sp2/x86/en"