Problems IE7--How to go back to IE6
joangolfing
2006-10-09 18:39:02 UTC
I have a "vulnerability" MS06-055 with Internet Explorer 7.0.5346.5 Beta 2
I can't apply the Windows update KB925486 to cure this vulnerability. I
might need to get back to IE6 before I can get the update to apply itself.
How do I get back to IE6? Default settings? Use the reinstall software CD
that came with my Dell Dimension 4300? Ideas?
Alan Edwards
2006-10-09 20:53:45 UTC
This is a very old IE4 group and you would do better at the IE7 group.

I see in http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/default.mspx that
the recommended newsgroup is microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In a proper newsreader:

If you must use a web interface:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

...Alan
http://dts-l.org/index.htm

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 11:39:02 -0700, in
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4, joangolfing
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
2006-10-10 12:39:25 UTC
Post by joangolfing
I have a "vulnerability" MS06-055 with Internet Explorer 7.0.5346.5 Beta 2
I can't apply the Windows update KB925486 to cure this vulnerability. I
might need to get back to IE6 before I can get the update to apply itself.
How do I get back to IE6? Default settings? Use the reinstall software CD
that came with my Dell Dimension 4300? Ideas?
IE7 is immune to the VML vulnerability.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com