HELP! all kinds of problems????
jillyfromphilly
2003-09-03 17:59:21 UTC
Hi all,
I keep getting errors like:
EXPLORER HAS CAUSED AN ERROR IN KERNEL32.DLL
EXPLORER WILL NOW CLOSE
THIS ERROR SHOWS UP AND THEN SOMETHING CALLED:
XML2.trafficsyndicate.com shows up in my history log at the same time.
The computer freezes a lot and crashes. Sometimes it's hard to reboot.
Also, the light where you would put a CD in flashes. It never did this
before.
When I do reboot, sometimes, all my tool bars on say, Google are gone,ie;
the back and forward arrows, etc. The only thing there is the X to close and
the - to shrink. I have to use the Backspace on the keyboard to go back.
We have McAfee , we run a H.P. Windows ME that came with the computer 2
years ago. I have installed all the latest upgrades and I've scanned for
virusses and there were none.
These problems all started about 3 months or so ago. I am at the end of my
rope. Now I know why people want to throw their computers out a window!
Any guidence will be greatly appreciated. I don't know too much about the
internet and computers other than what I've taught myself.
Thanking you in advance,
Jill :o)
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
2003-09-06 20:51:51 UTC
Post by jillyfromphilly
Hi all,
[...]
See
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com