IE 7 home page keeps going back to about:blank
goldskies
2007-01-12 08:26:03 UTC
I have set my homepage to msn.com. when I close it and reopen IE my homepage
is gone back to about:blank..... I have reset it a million times and by now I
am pretty much sick of this...How do you fix this problem I have uninstalled
it 4 times now. I have checked to open only one tab too nothing is
working...its like about:blank is a highjacker...any help will be greatly
appreciated ..thanks in advance
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
2007-01-12 10:27:44 UTC
Post by goldskies
I have set my homepage to msn.com. when I close it and reopen IE my homepage
is gone back to about:blank..... I have reset it a million times and by now I
am pretty much sick of this...How do you fix this problem I have uninstalled
it 4 times now. I have checked to open only one tab too nothing is
working...its like about:blank is a highjacker...any help will be greatly
appreciated ..thanks in advance
If you want better answers for IE7 questions please see:

In a newsreader:

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

It might be a security program blocking the Registry change it needs to
make. A few of the programs now doing this are:
Ad-aware's Ad-Watch
McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware
Norton AV
Spyware Blaster
Spybot> Tools> IE Tweaks
Spybot- Teatimer
Spysweeper
Windows Defender
Zone Alarm (free) 6.5 Reported to be fixed in later versions.

In the case of Zone Alarm 6.5 or Norton 2007 it actually has to be
uninstalled. Make sure the Windows Firewall is turned on until you
reinstall Zone Alarm.

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking with Networking and try the change.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Answer in newsgroup. Don't send mail.
goldskies
goldskies
2007-01-13 00:33:00 UTC
I rebooted in safe mode and the home page is showing msn.com...when I go back
to normal the about:blank comes up again after resetting it back to
msn.com...hmmmm I uninstalled my bellsouth internet suite and in safe mode it
shows my home page as msn.com but when i reboot into normal the about:blank
is still like high jacking my home page and changing it from msn.com to
about:blank..any ideas on how to fix this ...its annoying and I did uninstall
IE7 and same thing happens in the past version ..ok in safe mode but in
normal mode no:blank takes back over as my home page...tyvm for any help :)