Problems........cookies......??
Weddingsites
2004-02-17 19:34:11 UTC
Apologies firstly as I cannot find the right newsgroup, but this is as
near as I can get. I am using IE6.
I cannot access 2 or 3 websites that I used to. Literally nothing
happens. A search for one of them through google said that cookies
were disabled. I don't think this is the case. I altered my settings
to "Always accept cookies". (Tools-Internet Options-Privacy)
Is there somewhere else I should be looking to change settings or
another group more suitable to this query?
Thanks in advance
Jonny
Alan Edwards
2004-02-17 20:19:47 UTC
Please try a little harder to use an IE6 newsgroup.

IE6 newsgroups.

The above links may not work in your version of Agent but you can
easily set up a new instance of Agent to use msnews.microsoft.com to
access all MS groups.

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

Jonny
Weddingsites
2004-02-17 21:11:05 UTC
x-no-archive: yes,On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:19:47 +1100, Alan Edwards
Post by Alan Edwards
Please try a little harder to use an IE6 newsgroup.
IE6 newsgroups.
The above links may not work in your version of Agent but you can
easily set up a new instance of Agent to use msnews.microsoft.com to
access all MS groups.
...Alan
Well gee Alan, Thanks for the reply. I did refresh the newsgroup list
before looking for an answer to this problem and could find no
reference to IE6, hence my post to the IE4 group.You obviuosly didn't
notice the apology at the start of my post and presumably can't offer
any help to my problem. Thanks for the links below. Please try a
little harder to be understanding to those of us who do not live by
the computer and therefore need help now and again.

Jonny
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
2004-02-18 01:15:19 UTC
Post by Weddingsites
Apologies firstly as I cannot find the right newsgroup, but this is as
near as I can get. I am using IE6.
I cannot access 2 or 3 websites that I used to. Literally nothing
happens. A search for one of them through google said that cookies
were disabled. I don't think this is the case. I altered my settings
to "Always accept cookies". (Tools-Internet Options-Privacy)
Is there somewhere else I should be looking to change settings or
another group more suitable to this query?
Thanks in advance
Jonny
Check for a file named HOSTS with no extension (not Hosts.sam). It may be a
hidden file. Open it with Notepad and remove any line referencing the site.
Or, rename HOSTS to OLDHOSTS

In OE go to Tools | Accounts | Add (or New) | News.
Set up an account for this news server:

msnews.microsoft.com

The server is free and does not require you to logon. This news server
carries over 1800 newsgroups related to Microsoft products and keeps
messages at least 60 days.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com