Error Message Everytime
Lisa
2004-02-03 08:20:48 UTC
I get the following message everytime i open Internet
Explorer (6.0):
"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in
the middle of something, the information you were working
on might be lost."

It only started today,
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
George
2004-02-03 18:16:11 UTC
Hi Lisa! I'm getting the same thing. I can still get on the internet but this error message keeps popping up. I am also current on all of my updates. If you find an answer please let me know.
Alan Edwards
2004-02-03 21:04:56 UTC
You should try an IE6 group instead of this little used IE4 group,

IE6 newsgroups.

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html
Alan Edwards
2004-02-03 21:03:46 UTC
Lisa,

You may do better at an IE6 group.

This group is for posts concerning IE4 and is not heavily monitored.

IE6 newsgroups.

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

Fiona
.
gazz1975@aol.com
2004-02-28 02:54:57 UTC
2004-02-28 13:10:21 UTC
First eliminate any scumware.
See
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
won't. Also, each needs to be updated before every use, even when just
downloaded. There's also a lot more to do than just those two programs.
CWShredder is also available here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/cwshredder.zip
**Post your HijackThis log to
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/ or the Spyware forum at
http://forum.aumha.org/ for expert analysis, not here.**
Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
may be found on this page:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.
If trying everything at that site does not fix the problem please post back
in the same thread.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com