browser
greg rushing
2004-01-19 13:29:53 UTC
I have a compaq pent 233 windows 95 over the years
i had upgraded my browser to IE 5 Recently I had to use
my re-install disk to put all the original factory
programming back on my cpu, this included IE 3 this is
not compatible with a lot of internet sites what is the
latest version of IE I can use with windows 95 and is it
still available for downloading
thanks
Todd
2004-01-22 03:47:54 UTC
Your looking for Internet Explorer 5.5 with service pack 2. The latest
Internet Explorer for Windows 95. If you use Windows 95 this is the
one to get. Unfortunately Microsoft no longer has it available for
download.

The full install is available on CD for about $3 at
http://www.on-disk.com/ie55sp2.html

It's the full 85MB version with 128 bit encryption, Outlook Express
and java.

I have it on both my Win95 and ME systems.