can't find my mail
sasha
2004-04-13 05:21:08 UTC
Please help. I updated my 4.0 version of outlook express
to the 6.0, and now my mail has disappeared. Anyway of
retreiving it?
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
2004-04-13 07:05:33 UTC
Post by sasha
Please help. I updated my 4.0 version of outlook express
to the 6.0, and now my mail has disappeared. Anyway of
retreiving it?
In order to import OE4 messages they must be located on a local hard drive
in a sub-folder named Mail and must not have the Read Only attribute set.
(This is commonly set if they were backed up on a CD.)

Make sure that the MBX/IDX file pairs are there along with Folders.nch.
Then use File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 4 and point to
the folder that holds the /Mail sub-folder, not to the /Mail sub-folder
itself or the data files.

If you cannot get this to work, use this tool to extract the messages as
*.eml files and then drag the messages back in to an OE folder:

MBXtract: http://www.oehelp.com/MBXtract/
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com