Error with link library
Crystal
2004-10-05 00:08:58 UTC
I do not know what version of IE I have but I know it's
pretty old. I'm having trouble getting updates and
dowloading anything. I tried installing IE version 6 and
I get the following error: "The procedure entry point
InternetGetConnectedState could not be located in the
dynamic link library WININET.dll". I have no idea what
this means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Alan Edwards
2004-10-05 05:48:34 UTC
Look at the version of IE in IE-Help-About.

How to Determine Which Version of Internet Explorer Is Installed
[Q164539]
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=kb;en-us;164539

What version of Windows are you using?
(If Win95, then you cannot install IE6)