Need Help! Problem with Internet Explorer.
Michelle
2003-10-12 02:10:16 UTC
I have the following problems with my computer:
1. When I am on the internet, on the Yahoo home page, and
type in a subject in the "search" field, it does not bring
up anything. It says, "page not found". It won't search
for anything, even the most general subject. Any ideas
why and how I can fix this?
2. When I go to a certain website, there are links I
should be able to click on within the website. Instead of
those links, my computer shows rectangular boxes with x's
in the boxes. When I try to click on the x's, nothing
comes up. I know the problem is not with the website
because I can go on any other friend's computer and it
shows the links just fine and you're able to click on
them. Any idea why this is?
I am NOT computer savvy at all and need any help/advice
anyone can give me. I have tried to default my settings
and also tried to clear history and that has not worked.
Please respond by sending a message to my email address
above. Thank you.
William
2003-10-12 14:35:48 UTC
[...]
.
Sometimes the "X"s are due to an unknown font used by the
site to which you computer does not have loaded up. I
visit a site in Russia and often get such. Only solution
may be to find out what font the site is using, then load
that too.

Wm.