address bar settings
tony
2003-12-12 04:55:01 UTC
Looking for help. When typing in web addresses in the
address bar I have to type the full address, including the
http://. This is a recent problem since before I only
needed to type www. and then the rest of the address. Ive
been through all the internet options settings and nothing
has been able to fix it.
Donna
2003-12-13 16:10:00 UTC
I don't know if you can use this tip but give it a try.
When typing a URL with a .com domain (this only works with
.com sites, please don't use with .gov, .edu, etc. -- you
will usually be sent to an undesirable (ie pornagraphic)
alternative site; type just the name of the website and
then CTRL + enter. (EX: type yahoo and then CTRL+ enter)
The use of CTRL+enter will fill in http://www. and
.com This is a slick little shortcut when it works but
it is something your ISP can control so it may or may not
work.
.