REMOVING UNSOLICITED "MATERIAL"
AGHAST
2004-05-11 21:04:48 UTC
My son's friend thought it would be fun to visit some
offensive sites on our computer. Now, everytime I
connect to the internet I am treated to an array of
offensive items that can not be closed unless I end-task.
I suspect that it has something to do with a toolbar that
keeps coming back and adding sites to my favorites.

How do I permanently remove the toolbar and get rid of
the porn?
Alan Edwards
2004-05-11 22:22:44 UTC
You may consider upgrading from IE4 for security but try here:

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and
BHO:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm

...Alan
--