Download for Windows 95?
Tori
2005-01-09 07:17:01 UTC
Hi - I hope someone can help!

My mother is having problems with Outlook Express. She says on startup, she
receives an error message that details a missing .DLL. I want to download and
reinstall Outlook for her. She's running Windows 95 (that's all her computer
is currently capable of running).

What's the highest version of Outlook Express she can run on Windows 95?
(Sorry, I'm not sure which version she's running at the moment). Do I need to
download and reinstall Internet Explorer, too? Where can I find a download
link on the Microsoft website for the appropriate version for Windows 95?

Many thanks!
Tori
Alan Edwards
2005-01-09 08:37:46 UTC
You can use IE5.5/OE5.5 SP2.
There are no download links at Microsoft for old versions.

Old IE versions.
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/microsoft/ie/
http://www.greenapple.com/support/software/browsers/default.htm

For IE5.5 SP2, you can get a CD here for $2.99
http://on-disk.com/ie55sp2.html

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems